MyDumfries.com • View topic - Restaurants - The Swan

Restaurants - The Swan

Write a review of something in Dumfries. See the 'About the Reviews Board' post for more info.

Restaurants - The Swan

Postby Stuart McLaren » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:50 pm

« on: July 01, 2007, 09:20:52 PM »

I walked down here one Tuesday night last summer (it's a lovely walk of about a mile along the riverbank from the Dock Park) and was very lucky to get a seat. So what makes it so popular? Personally, I wasn't actually all that impressed with the menu, but I suppose all those people can't be wrong, so it must be worth a try.

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 09:21:40 PM »

Obviously, personal views are different and important, but I cannot agree with you re the Swan,ie, the menu being unimpressive.
I have always found it excellent, the food and the service well up to standard.
We live in Bolton, and always take my aunt,(90 last year) to lunch at the Swan. I can't think of anywhere else in the Dumfries area to take her. I admit I do like the old town pubs, for a drink, but not quite right for a 90 year old.
I am a great believer in the Good Pub Guide, and I pride myself that I, and a few others, have managed to get the Swan included.
You should be proud to have a pub in your area that comes up to the standard of many excellent eating pubs.

Michael BUCHANAN
Stuart McLaren
Site Admin

Return to Reviews